- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- A handful of thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- A pinch or two of dried chilli flakes
- 2 pork leg steaks
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Peel and grate the garlic into a shallow dish. Grate in the lemon zest. Pick the thyme leaves and Add them to the bowl with 1 tsp each fennel seeds and dried oregano and a pinch of dried chilli flakes (these are very spicy, so add as much or as little as you prefer). Pour in 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir to mix. Lay the pork steaks into the marinade and turn once or twice to coat them. Set the dish aside to let the pork marinate for 20 mins.
2. Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the pork steaks to the hot pan and cook for 8-10 mins, turning once halfway, till golden and cooked through. Pop the cooked steaks onto a plate and allow to rest for 5 mins.
3. Once rested, carve the steaks and serve them with wedges of lemon. A crunchy cabbage slaw and warm homemade flatbreads would make quick and easy sides.