- 200g sprouts
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- A pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A gloss of olive oil
- A pinch of freshly chopped red chilli or chilli powder (to taste)
- 30g parmesan , freshly grated
- A handful of chopped almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp honey
- Juice from ½ clementine (optional)
- A handful of fresh basil, chervil or flat leaf parsley
1. Trim the base from each sprout. Peel off any discoloured leaves. Thinly slice, giving you fine shreds.
2. Mix the sprouts with the lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Gloss with olive oil.
3. Whirl through the chilli. Taste. Add more, if needed. Toss the parmesan through and almonds.
4. Taste. Fold in a little honey and clementine juice to soften the flavour.
5. Let the flavours mingle a good 30 mins or more before serving. Finish with fresh basil, chervil or parsley just before dishing it out.