- A glug of olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 400g brown mushrooms, finely sliced
- 150ml white wine
- 100g double cream
- A handful of tarragon, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
*This sauce also works beautifully with pan fried chicken or as the base to a cheaty mushroom stroganoff.
1. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan. Pop in your shallots and garlic and fry over a medium heat for around 2-3 mins till softened.
2. Chuck your mushrooms in the pan and stir. Let the mushrooms soften for around 2 mins.
3. Add your wine and simmer till reduced by half, about 5 mins. Stir your cream into the mix and sprinkle in your tarragon. Season. Gently heat though.
4. Pour over steaks to serve.