- 100g dark chocolate buttons
- 100ml double cream
- 75g Seville Orange & Cardamom Marmalaid
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- A pinch of sea salt
- 15g cocoa powder
Prep: 10 mins | Chilling: 2-3 hrs
1. Tip the dark chocolate buttons into a heatproof bowl and set aside.
2. Pour the cream into a small pan and add the Seville Orange & Cardamom Marmalaid and the honey or maple syrup. Add a pinch of sea salt. Set the pan on a low heat and gently heat, stirring, till the cream is steaming hot and just starting to bubble at the edges.
3. Pour the hot cream mixture into the bowl with the chocolate buttons and stir till the chocolate is melted and everything is combined. Let the mix cool a little, then refrigerate for 2-3 hrs till the chocolate is just set but scoopable.
4. Once the mix is set, line a baking tray with baking paper. Shake the cocoa powder onto a small plate. Scoop a small ball out of the chocolate mix with a teaspoon and drop into the cocoa powder and use the spoon to gently turn it in the cocoa to light coat. Lift off the plate and transfer to the baking tray. Repeat till you have used up all the mix and made around 12-14 truffles. You can transfer the truffles to mini cake cases if you want to pop them in a box to give to your loved one. These truffles are best kept in the fridge in a sealed tub and eaten within 1 week.