- 100g rainbow chard
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g Greek style yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pitta breads, for serving
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Trim the dry ends off the chard, then finely chop the stalks and leaves. When the water is boiling, add the chard and blanch for 2-4 mins till wilted. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice cold water to stop it cooking. Set aside for 5 mins to cool.
2. Meanwhile, peel and grate or crush the garlic. Spoon the yogurt into a mixing bowl and add the garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well to mix.
3. Drain the chard, then squeeze as much water out as possible. You can pop it in a clean tea towel, wrap it up and wring that to squeeze out the water. Add to the yogurt.
4. Swirl through 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice and cayenne pepper, to taste. Season with more slat and pepepr, if needed. Serve with toasted pitta breads for dunking.