- 1kg carrots, peeled and finely diced
- A gloss of olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- A large handful of flat leaf parsley,
- 75g butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Pop your carrots in a pot. Add water to a third of the way up the carrots (to steam, not boil them).
2. Place over high heat. Add a pinch of salt and olive oil. Once the water starts to boil, cover and lower the heat a bit.
3. Cook till tender, about 20 mins. The wider your pan is, the faster your carrots will cook.
4. Meanwhile, gently cook the garlic in a little spoonful of butter till glossy and tender. Mix with the remaining butter, parsley and a pinch of salt.
5. When done, drain the carrots. Mash or whizz in a food processor till smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Swirl the garlic parsley butter through right before serving.