- 1.5kg parsnips, peeled and cut into chunky batons
- A few glugs of rapeseed, olive or sunflower oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 clementines, juice and zest
- A drizzle of honey or agave syrup
- 2cm slice of fresh ginger, chopped or grated
- A pinch of fresh chilli or chilli powder
1. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a splash of oil and, once hot, add the parsnips.
2. Coat in the oil and cover the pan. Cook till the parsnips are tender, 10–15 mins.
3. Remove the lid and continue to cook the parsnips till golden.
4. Add the honey/agave, clementine juice and zest, ginger and chilli. Sizzle till the juice reduces down to a sticky glaze.
5. Season. Taste. Adjust seasoning as needed. Serve.