- Sea salt
- 400g asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 anchovies
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 50g Parmesan
- 400g spelt artisan pasta
- 70g salted butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Fill a large pan with the hot water, topping it up if needed, and add a pinch of salt. Set the pan on the hob to come back to the boil.
2. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus (if you gently bend them, they’ll break in the right spot), and cut the tender tips into bite-size pieces. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Drain and chop the anchovies finely. Pick the mint leaves and finely slice them. Grate the Parmesan into a small bowl.
3. The water should be boiling by now, so tip in the pasta. Simmer for 6-8 mins, till tender, then drain.
4. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large pan on a medium heat. Add the asparagus, garlic, anchovies and a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally, till the asparagus is tender.
5. Tip the pasta into the pan with the asparagus. Add the mint and most of the Parmesan. Squeeze in the lemon juice and fold everything together to coat the pasta in the buttery sauce. Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed. Serve the pasta topped with a little extra Parmesan if you like.