- 1kg carrots
- 400ml chicken or veg stock
- A gloss of olive or rapeseed oil
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- A handful of parsley
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Scrub the carrots clean. Halve or quarter any really big ones lengthways.
3. Pour the stock into a roasting tin. Pop it on the hob. Add the carrots, oil, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Carefully cover tightly with foil. Roast in the oven for 30 mins, till the carrots are tender when pierced with a knife.
4. Remove from the oven. Take off the foil. Whisk the honey and mustard into the pan juices.
5. Return to the oven, uncovered, for another 20 mins, till most of the liquid is evaporated and the carrots are starting to take on some colour. Rattle the pan halfway through the cooking time.
6. Remove the bay leaf and thyme stalks. Finely chop the parsley. Sprinkle it over the carrots. Shake the pan to mix. Season and serve.