- 500g beetroot
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 orange
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Heat your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7. Set a large roasting tin on the top shelf to heat up.
2. Peel your beetroot. Cut into 3cm cubes. Toss into the warmed roasting tin with 1 tbsp oil. Season well. Roast on the top shelf for 25 mins, or till tender and caramelised around the edges.
3. Zest your orange. Set the zest aside. Squeeze 1-2 tbsp orange juice over your beetroot. Pop back in the oven for a 2 mins or till the juice creates a sticky glaze over the beetroot.
4. Set a large frying pan over a high heat. Add your sesame, cumin, coriander seeds and chilli flakes. Lower the heat. Toast till just golden.
5. Fold in the turmeric, orange zest, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Scatter the spices over the beetroot once it’s roasted. Finish with an extra squeeze of orange juice.