- Juice of 10 blood oranges (approx. 650ml)
- 50g coconut palm sugar
- 2 bay leaves, plus extra to garnish
- ½ bergamot lemon, zest and juice
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins + freezing
1. Pour the blood orange juice into a saucepan. Add the coconut sugar and bay leaves. Simmer on a low heat till the sugar is just dissolved. Take care not to cook too long as this will spoil the fresh orangey flavour. Leave to cool completely.
2. Swirl the bergamot lemon juice and zest into the cooled blood orange juice. Pluck out the bay leaves.
3. Pour the juice into a shallow freezer-proof tub. Place in the freezer. Remove after an hour and break the crystals up with a fork. Repeat twice more.
4. Remove from the freezer 15 mins before serving. Serve in frozen glasses with a fresh bay leaf to garnish.