- 600g beetroot
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Demerara sugar
- A large handful of flat leaf parsley, leaves only
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub, trim and peel the beetroot. As beetroot is likely to stain, do this on a plate instead of a cutting board. Slice into wedges around 2cm thick.
2. Tip the beetroot into a roasting tin. Add 1 tbsp oil and some salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 30 mins.
3. While the beetroot roast, roughly chop the parsley leaves.
4. Stir the vinegar and sugar together. Pour over the beetroot and roast for another 5 mins till the beetroot is tender. Serve the beetroot garnished with the chopped parsley leaves. This dish is good served warm or cold.