- 600g beetroot
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- A large handful of flat leaf parsley, leaves only
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub, trim and peel the beetroot (to avoid stains, do this on a plate instead of a cutting board). Slice the beetroot into wedges around 2cm thick.
2. Tip the beetroot into a roasting tin. Add 1 tbsp oil and some salt and pepper. Toss to coat then slide into the oven to roast for 30 mins.
3. While the beetroot roasts, roughly chop the parsley leaves.
4. Stir the vinegar and sugar together. Pour the mixture over the beetroot and slide it back into the oven to roast for 5 more mins till the beetroot is tender.
5. Serve the roast beetroot garnished with chopped parsley leaves. This dish is delicous served warm or cold.