- 1-2 oranges (or 2-3 clementines - or any citrus you fancy trying)
- 4 tbsp clear honey
1. Zest 2 tbsp worth of zest from your orange - use a zester or carve away strips of zest with a veg peeler, scrape away any excess white pith and thinly slice.
2. Halve and juice the orange. Place the zest in a saucepan with 4 tbsp juice and 4 tbsp honey.
3. Let it bubble up over a medium heat. Reduce the heat and knock back the bubbles. Let it gently boil away for 5-10 mins or till you can see it separate a little when you drag a spoon across the centre of the pan.
4. I'll still be a little runny, but will thicken in half an hour or so. If it doesn't thicken up, boil it a little longer. It it becomes too thick, add a little more juice and simmer a few mins longer. Use straight away or put in a sterilised jar and refrigerate for 2-3 months.