- 100g bag watercress
- 2 apples
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- A large handful of walnuts, toasted
- 8 dates
1. Give your watercress leaves a rinse. Shake dry. Set aside.
2. Cut your apples into skinny matchsticks – leave the peel on if you like, it looks pretty. Toss through the watercress.
3. Roughly chop your toasted walnuts. Stone and thinly slice your dates. Add to the salad mix, but save a few nuts and dates to scatter on top.
4. Whisk the red wine vinegar, olive oil and honey together – or shake the mix up in a lidded jam jar.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Finish with a final flourish of nuts and dates. Delicious with roast chicken.