- 1cm slice of ginger
- 2cm slice of turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 turmeric tea bag
- 600ml Minor Figures barista style oat m*lk
- Agave syrup or sugar, to taste (optional)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Finely grate the ginger and turmeric into a medium pan. You don’t have to peel them but be careful with the turmeric, as it likes to stain things yellow. Wear an apron to protect your clothes.
2. Drop in the cinnamon stick and splash in the vanilla essence. Add a pinch of black pepper. Tear open the turmeric tea bag and scatter in the contents.
3. Pour in the oat milk and place the pan on a low heat. Bring up to a gentle bubble. Pop on a lid and simmer gently for 10-15 mins, or longer for a stronger flavour. Take care not to let the mixture boil.
4. Pour the infused mixture through a fine sieve into a jug. Pour the mixture back into the pan and pop it back on a low heat. Taste and add some agave syrup or sugar, if you like.
5. Use a whisk or an electric milk frother to whisk the mixture till frothy, then pour into two mugs and serve.