- 4 smaller or 2 large carrots
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice, and a little grated zest
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp honey or agave syrup
- 4 tbsp olive or melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut or a handful of fresh coconut, thinly sliced
- A large handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1. If your carrots have tops, trim them off. Rinse a small handful and shake dry. Roughly chop
2. Use a veg peeler to cut your carrots into long ribbons. Add to a bowl. Grate the zest over. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Squeeze the lime juice into a little bowl. Whisk in the honey or agave syrup and oil. Taste and tweak to your liking.
4. Drizzle the dressing over your carrot ribbons.
5. Toast your coconut in a hot frying pan (no oil needed) till fragrant and just golden.
6. Scatter it over the carrots. Toss some fresh coriander and your chopped carrots tops into the mix