- A punnet of strawberries
- 2 limes, juice only
- A big handful of mint leaves
- Gin, enough for four people, 25ml (single shot), 50ml (double shot)
- Tonic water (4 bottles)
- Sugar (optional)
1. Muddle together your strawberries with a big handful of mint leaves and the juice of 2 limes (use a pestle and mortar or the back of a spoon).
2. If you like your cocktails on the sweeter side you can macerate (fancy word for drawing the juices out) your strawberries with a little sugar. Just pop the chopped strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar to taste, leave 30 mins to overnight and they’ll be nicely sweet.
3. Roughly half fill a big jug with ice cubes. Measure the gin and pour it in. Add the strawberry, mint and lime mix. Finish by topping up with the tonic water. Stir.