- 250g strawberries
- 2 limes, juice only
- A big handful of mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 100-200ml gin
- Chilled tonic water, to top up
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: nil
1. Hull the strawberries and tip them into a jug, keeping four back for garnishing. Add a big handful of mint leaves and the juice of 2 limes. Use a pestle, the end of a rolling pin, a muddler or the back of a spoon to crush the strawberries and bruise the mint leaves, muddling everything together.
2. Add enough ice cubes to half fill the jug. Measure the gin and pour it in. For single serve gin and tonics, use 100ml gin for four people. For stronger G&Ts, use 200ml gin. Stir well with a bar spoon or tablespoon to mix the gin, strawberries and mint together.
3. Pour in enough chilled tonic water to top up. Give the mix a few gentle stirs. Serve the strawberry gin and tonics in tumblers with extra ice, garnished with fresh strawberries and sprigs of mint.