- 500g pork rib rack
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- ½ tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- A thumb of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 25g sesame seeds, toasted
Prep: 20 mins + 4 hrs marinating
Cook: 2 hrs 45 mins
1. Remove the pork rib rack from the packaging and pat dry.
2. Whisk the rest of the ingredients together in a shallow dish, saving the sesame seeds for later.
3. Place the pork ribs into the dish with the marinade and rub it all over the rack. Cover with cling film and pop in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours. Turn a couple of times.
4. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 150°C/Fan 130°C/Gas 2.
5. Cover the dish with foil and slide into the oven and cook for 2½ hours. Baste the ribs a couple of times during cooking.
6. Remove the dish from the oven. Place the ribs onto a wire rack above a foil lined tray. Set the cooking sauce aside. Crank the heat up to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Cook for 15 mins till slightly charred and caramelised.
7. Place the rack on a board. Cut the rack into individual ribs. Pour over the marinade to coat the ribs. Scatter over the sesame seeds. Leave to rest for 5 mins then serve.