- 1 lemon
- 2 limes
- 1 orange
- 125ml Dodd's Old Tom Gin
- 50ml sugar syrup (see our tip)
- 60ml single cream
- 1 egg white
- Soda or sparkling water, to top up
- Mint sprigs, to garnish
1. Juice the lemon, limes and orange. Half fill a cocktail shaker (or large jar) with ice and pour in the citrus juice. Add the Old Tom gin, sugar syrup and the single cream. Seal the shaker and shake vigorously for around 30 secs to combine the liquids. Strain them into a jug and tip away the ice.
2. Return the liquids to the shaker and add the egg white. Seal and shake again vigorously for 30 secs-1 min till combined and fluffy (reverse dry shaking the cocktail without the ice helps the egg white fluff up, giving your cocktail a lovely finish).
3. Strain the gin fizz into 2 tall, chilled glasses and top up with soda water or sparkling water. Give it a little stir and serve garnished with a slice of lemon or lime and a sprig of mint.
4. Tip: To make the sugar syrup, tip 100g caster sugar into a small pan. Pour in 100ml cold water, bring to the boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 2 mins. take off the heat and cool completely before using. Sugar syrup will keep in the fridge for a few weeks, and you can easily double, triple or quadruple the quantities to make a large batch for lots of cocktail making.