- 50g sugar
- 200-300ml lemonade
- A pinch of mixed spice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- ½ pineapple
- 4 oranges, juiced
- 200ml spiced rum
- Soda water, to top up (optional)
- Orange, lime and pineapple slices, to serve
Prep: 5 mins + cooling | Cook: 20 mins
1. Tip the sugar into a pan and pour in 200ml of the lemonade. Add the mixed spice, cinnamon sticks and lime zest. Pop the pan on a low heat and gently warm, stirring, for 10 mins till the sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool, leaving the spices in the pan so they infuse their flavour into the syrup.
2. Slice the skin off half a pineapple, and use a small, sharp knife to remove any woody eyes. Roughly chop the peeled pineapple and either push through a juicer to juice or blitz it in a food processor to make a purée, then press the purée through a fine mesh sieve.
3. Add a few handfuls of ice to a large jug. Strain the spiced syrup into the jug, discarding the spices. Add the fresh pineapple juice, lime and orange juices and the spiced rum. Stir well to chill.
4. To serve, fill 4-6 tall glasses with ice and pour in the spiced rum punch. Top up the drinks with a little more lemonade or soda water, if liked. Garnish the glasses with slices of pineapple, lime or orange, and serve.