- 1kg potatoes
- A handful of rosemary
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 50-55 mins
1. Half-fill a large pan with water. Add a pinch of salt. Cover and put on a high heat to come to the boil. Meanwhile, scrub and peel the potatoes. Chop the potatoes into 3-4cm-thick chunks. When the water is boiling, add the potatoes. Turn the heat down to a simmer, and cook the spuds for 4-5 mins till the outsides are just cooked.
2. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Add 2-3 tbsp olive oil to a large roasting tin, or 2 medium tins. Put them in the oven for 10 mins to heat the oil.
3. Drain the potatoes, then let them steam dry in the colander or spread them out on a tea towel to steam dry.
4. Take the roasting tin out of the oven. Add the potatoes and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the spuds a few times to coat in the hot oil. Slide into the oven and roast for 40-45 mins, till golden brown. If you’re using 2 tins, swap them over halfway through cooking.
5. While the potatoes roast, finely chop the rosemary leaves. When the spuds are ready, tip them into a serving bowl, scatter over the chopped rosemary leaves and serve.