- 150g digestive biscuits or oat cakes*
- 60ml coconut oil, melted
- 6 ripe bananas
- 4 heaped tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 300g dark chocolate buttons
- 150ml boiling water, slightly cooled
*Add 1 tbsp brown sugar if you’re using crushed oat cakes in place of digestive biscuits for the base.
1. Crush your digestive biscuits or oat cakes till you have fine, sand-like crumbs. Melt your coconut oil in a saucepan. Fold it into your crumbs. Press into a round cake or tart tin with a removable base, about 20cm. Make up more crumbs if your tin is on the larger side (for every 75g biscuit/oat cake crumbs you need 30ml melted coconut oil).
2. Set in freezer.
3. Whip the bananas in a food processor or blender with the peanut butter. No blender? Mush the bananas then whip it all up with a spoon and a strong arm. Spread over the biscuit base.
4. Tumble your chocolate buttons into a heat-proof dish set over a saucepan with a shallow pool of boiling water. Swirl the slightly cooled boiled water in with the dark choc buttons. Stir till melted and smooth.
5. Spread over the peanut butter mousse. Set in the fridge. Slice and serve. The mousse is a little gooey and may run a little. It’s brilliant