- Sea salt
- 1.5 kg large parsnips
- 125g rapeseed oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, zest only
1. Heat your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 8. Put a large roasting tin in the oven to heat up. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
2. Peel your parsnips and cut into chunks around 3-4cm wide. Boil the parsnips for 10 mins or just till tender. Drain and let them steam dry in the colander for 5 mins or till fully dry.
3. Add the oil to the warm roasting tin. Pop in the oven for 2 mins to warm the oil through.
4. Spoon the parboiled parsnips into the hot oil. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 30 mins or till golden all over, turning once or twice during cooking.
5. Sprinkle the fennel seeds, thyme leaves and lemon zest over the parsnips. Fold through. Return to the oven for 5 mins. Taste and season with a little more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve warm.