- 3 mugs of sunflower oil
- 1 large white onion
- ½ mug of milk
- ½ mug of plain white flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- a pinch of chilli powder (optional)
1. Pour the oil into a pot or a deep sauce pan. Place over high heat.
2. Halve the onion, strip off the peeling and slice into very thin slivers.
3. Pile the onions into a dish with the milk. Give them a thorough coating.
4. Place the flour in a bowl with the spices. Shake the milk from the onion slices. Give the onion slices a good mix through the flour, so they’re nicely coated.
5. Fry in small batches – the smaller the batch the faster they’ll cook, and the better they’ll taste and look!
6. Fish the golden onions out with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper or in a sieve. Add a little more salt, if you like. Continue till they’re all cooked.