- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp + 275g self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- 16 cardamom pods
- 250g natural yogurt
- 250ml olive oil
- Zest of 3 lemons
- Sea salt
- To decorate:
- 140g white chocolate
- Cocoa Loco Mini Eggs, to decorate
- Icing sugar, to decorate
Prep: 20 mins + cooling | Cook: 30-40 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 4. Lightly oil a 24cm bundt tin or 22cm cake tin. Dust it with ½ tbsp flour and shake out any excess flour. Set aside.
2. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat well. Add the sugar and beat till the mixture is light, fluffy and pale. Set aside.
3. Lightly crush the cardamom pods in a pestle and mortar. Discard the papery husks and crush the seeds till you have a fine powder. Tip into a separate mixing bowl.
4. Add the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and cardamom powder to the eggs and sugar. Fold in the self raising flour and a pinch of salt with a spatula till well combined. Spoon the batter into your prepared tin and level the top.
5. Slide the cake into the oven. Bake for 30-40 mins till the top is golden and the cake springs back when lightly pressed. Insert a skewer into the cake— it should come out clean with no batter or crumbs attached. Bake the cake for a little longer if necessary. Leave the cake in the tin for 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
6. When the cake has cooled, chop the chocolate (if necessary) and pop it in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Don’t let the bowl touch the water. Warm till the chocolate has melted.
7. Dust the cake with a little icing sugar. Drizzle over the white chocolate. Top with Cocoa Loco's little chocolate eggs to finish.