- 1-2 duck or chicken eggs per person
- A bundle of asparagus spears
- A pack of pancetta, prosciutto or parma ham
- A slice of butter
- Sea salt and black pepper
- A drop of white wine vinegar (optional)
1. Get your eggs so they can warm to room temp. Crank your oven grill up to high.
2. Snap or slice the woody ends off the asparagus. Wrap each spear with a slice of pancetta or a halved (lengthwise) strip of prosciutto or parma ham.
3. Get a pot of water on the boil for the eggs.
4. Pop the wrapped spears on a hot grill pan and under the grill. Place your eggs in the sauce pan. Set the timer for 7 mins. Let the egg water gently bubble away – don’t let it boil too softly or too rapidly.
5. Turn your spears a couple of times, until the ham is crisped up and the tips are tender. Remove from oven. Brust the tips with butter.
6. Slice the tops off the eggs. Dunk a nugget of butter into each melting yolk. Season. Add a drop of vinegar to give a lazy hollandaise-y effect. Dunk.