- 4 egg whites*
- A pinch of sea salt
- 100g polenta
- 150ml orange juice (add zest if using fresh juice)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- A gloss of oil for cooking
*Put your leftover yolks to good use by whipping up Gazza’s Cheaty Hollandaise or freeze in ice cubes and use the defrosted yolks to brush over pastry.
1. Place your egg whites into a glass or metal bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Whisk with a strong arm or use a hand mixer till the eggs are meringue-like stiff, glossy and fluffy.
2. Gently fold the remaining ingredients (bar the oil) in to the eggs. Let the batter set for 10 mins to thicken up.
3. Get a large frying pan hot, gloss with oil and dollop 1-2 tbsp of the mix into the pan for each pancake. Cook till golden on each side, only 1-2 mins.
4. Serve with butter (or a dairy-free alternative like coconut oil) and a generous drizzle of honey. Beautiful with slices of fresh, summery nectarines or wintery segments of blood orange on the side.