- 1 block of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- A handful of tarragon, chopped
- A handful of chives, chopped
- A handful of chervil, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
*You can use any combination of herbs you fancy, have fun experimenting with your favourites.
1. Pop your softened butter into a large bowl. Add your shallots, herbs, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix (you might need to use your hands). Shape into a ball.
2. Drop your butter ball into the middle of a large sheet of greaseproof paper. Wrap the paper lengthways around the butter and gently roll into a sausage shape. Twist the ends of the paper to resemble a cracker. You can pop the butter in the freezer for around 3 months and slice a circle off whenever you need it.