- 2 tbsp gooseberry, lime & gin jam
- 1 lime
- 50ml gin
- 1 egg white
- Soda water, to top up
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1-2 mins + cooling
1. Put the gooseberry jam into a small pan with 2 tbsp cold water and warm them on the hob for 1-2 mins till the jam is syrupy. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
2. Squeeze the juice from the lime into a cocktail shaker. Place a tea strainer over the cocktail shaker and pour in the gooseberry syrup. Smoosh the gooseberries with the back of the spoon to extract as much juiciness as possible. Pour the gin into the cocktail shaker. Add the egg white and shake for a few mins to froth up the egg white.
3. Drop in a handful of ice cubes, then shake again.
4. Strain into a couple of coupe glasses and top up with a little soda water. Garnish with some lime peel, if you like.