- 1kg carrots
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 clementine, zest and juice
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- A gloss of olive oil
- A small thumb of fresh ginger, peeled
- A large handful of fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7. Pop a large roasting tin in the oven to heat.
2. Peel the carrots, if you wish. Halve or quarter lengthways. Toss into a bowl with a good pinch of salt, pepper, zest and juice of a clementine, a few rosemary sprigs and a good gloss of olive oil. You can do this bit well in advance.
3. Give everything a good mix. Tumble onto the hot roasting tin. Roast on the top shelf for 20-30 mins, or till tender and starting to colour up.
4. Remove from the oven. Pluck out the rosemary. Freshly grate the ginger and mix through. Transfer to a serving dish. Finish with a scattering of parsley.