- 200g crab meat, mix of brown and white
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1 heaped tsp English or Dijon mustard
- A good pinch of grated nutmeg
- A good pinch of cayenne or chilli powder
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp grated Cheddar or Parmesan
1. Preheat oven grill to medium/high or oven to 190°C.
2. Mix the crab, melted butter, lemon juice, mustard, nutmeg and cayenne gently. Divide the mixture between two ramekins.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs with the cheese and 1 tbsp melted butter. Sprinkle on top of each ramekin.
4. Place on a baking tray and grill approx 10 mins until bubbling and browned.
5. Delicious with triangles of toast, wedge of lemon, black pepper, some seasonal leaves... you get the gist.
6. That's it! Wash down with a chilled glass of white or rose.