- 30ml cold brew coffee
- 15ml Demerara sugar syrup
- 60ml Papagayo White Rum
- 30ml lemon juice
- 15ml aquafaba (liquid from a tin of chickpeas)
Prep: 5 mins + cold brewing and chilling
1. Make the cold brew coffee the night before: once you’ve made your filter coffee, transfer the grounds to a jar and top up with cold water. Let it sit, overnight, in the fridge. It should sit for around 12 hours. Strain and discard the grounds.
2. Make the sugar syrup: place 100g Demerara sugar in a small pan with 100ml cold water. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 2 mins. Take off the heat, cool, then transfer to a clean jar and store in the fridge. The sugar syrup will keep for a few weeks in the fridge, so it’s worth making a big batch at the start.
3. Pour the cold brew coffee, sugar syrup, white rum and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker. Add a handful of ice, seal and shake well for 30 secs. Strain the cocktail out into a jug, discard the ice, then return the liquid to the cocktail shaker. Add the aquafaba, seal and shake again for 30 secs. Strain into a chilled coupe glass and serve.