- 600g new potatoes
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves only
- Salt & vinegar, to serve
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Put a large pan of water on to boil. Scrub the new potatoes and chop them into quarters or eighths, to make chunky, bite-sized chips. Add them to the pan of boiling water and simmer for 4-5 mins till just tender but not cooked through.
2. Drain the potatoes and shake off any excess water.
3. Warm a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Pour in enough rapeseed or sunflower oil to coat the base of the pan and sit ½cm deep. Warm the oil for 2-3 mins, then add the potatoes and fry for 10-15 mins, turning now and then, till golden brown. Don't crowd the pan – fry the new potatoes in two or three batches, if necessary, making sure they're well spread out in the pan and there's a little space around them as they fry. You can keep the chipped new potatoes warm in an oven set to its lowest temperature while you fry the second/third batches.
4. While the potatoes fry, strip the leaves off the rosemary sprigs. Finely chop the leaves.
5. Scoop the chipped new potatoes into a warm serving dish and sprinkle over the chopped rosemary. Add a little salt and vinegar and toss briefly to coat. Serve straight away.