- 3 eggs
- 200g chestnuts, cooked and peeled
- 100g icing sugar
- 5 tbsp amaretto
- 10 tbsp cold espresso
- 250g mascarpone
- 300g chocolate panettone
- 250ml double cream
- Cocoa powder for dusting
40 mins + chilling
You can make the tiramisu the day before. Chill in the fridge over night. Take out of the fridge 1 hour before serving and dust with cocoa at the last minute.
1. Separate the egg yolks and whites. Pop the whites into the fridge for later.
2. Tip the chestnuts into a food processor with 75g icing sugar and egg yolks. Add 1 tbsp amaretto and 3 tbsp espresso. Whizz together till smooth and creamy. Add the mascarpone and beat together till smooth.
3. Cut the panettone into 2 cm thick circles. Line the base of your serving bowl or individual glasses with half the slices.
4. Mix 7tbsp espresso with 4 tbsp amaretto and 25g icing sugar. Mix well. Drizzle half over the panettone.
5. Whip the double cream till it stands in soft peaks.
6. Stir the chestnut mascarpone through the whipped cream. Taste. Sieve in more icing sugar to taste.
7. Whisk the egg white till stiff. Gently fold through the chestnut cream.
8. Spoon half the chestnut cream on top of the panettone and level with the back of the spoon.
9. Add another layer of panettone and drizzle over the remaining coffee and amaretto mix.
10. Spoon over the remaining chestnut cream.
11. Pop it into the fridge for at least 4 hours to allow the mousse to set.
12. When ready to serve, dust the top with a generous dusting of cocoa powder.