- 150g Godminster black pepper brie
- A bundle of asparagus (or swap for your favourite fondue veg)*
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A little olive oil (optional)
- A warmed loaf of bread , to serve (optional)
*Steamed Jersey Royals are brilliant dunked in (use a fork to save your fingers), as are griddled broccoli florets.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
2. Unwrap your brie. Line a little roasting tray with greaseproof paper or foil. Plonk your brie on top.
3. Pop in the oven. Roast 15-20 mins or till starting to colour a little on the top.
4. Get a large frying pan hot. Trim the woody ends from your asparagus. Rinse. Add them to the hot, smoking pan while there’s still water clinging to them.
5. Griddle the asparagus (no oil needed) till just tender. Season with a little salt and pepper. Gloss with a trickle of oil, once cooked, if you like.
6. Remove the brie from the oven. Carefully cut the lid off. Remove. Scatter a little pepper over, if you like. Dip in, stars of stage and field.