- 150g Godminster black pepper brie
- A bundle of asparagus (or swap for your favourite fondue veg)*
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A little olive oil (optional)
- A warmed loaf of bread , to serve (optional)
Other veg perfect for dippin' in the 'due:
Steamed Jersey Royals, griddled broccoli florets, roasted cauliflower florets.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Unwrap thebrie. Line a little roasting tray with greaseproof paper or foil. Set the brie on top.
3. Slide into the oven and bake 15-20 mins or till starting to colour a little on the top.
4. Get a large frying pan hot. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus. Rinse the tender asparagus tips and add them to the smoking hot pan while there’s still water clinging to them.
5. Griddle the asparagus (no oil needed) till just tender. Season with a little salt and pepper. Once cooked, drizzle with a little olive oil, if you like.
6. Remove the brie from the oven. Carefully cut the lid off and season with a crack of black pepper over, if you like.
7. Serve with the griddled asparagus and get dunking.