- Ghee or sunflower oil, for frying
- 2 rashers of unsmoked back bacon
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 slices of cheddar
Prep: 2 mins | Cook: 8 mins
1. Set a frying pan on a medium-high heat and melt a dab of ghee in the pan, or add a splash of oil. Add the bacon rashers and fry for 3-4 mins, turning halfway through, till lightly browned and cooked through – you don't want the bacon to be too crisp for this sandwich.
2. While the bacon fries, crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork to combine. Slice the crusts off the slices of bread.
3. Scoop the bacon out of the pan and set it to one side. Add another dab of ghee or oil to the pan, if necessary. Pour in the beaten eggs and quickly swirl to coat the base of the pan. Very quickly dunk the bread in the eggs then flip them over and lay them in the eggs. Fry for 2-3 mins till the eggs are just set
4. Use a large spatula to flip the bread slices and eggs over in one go. No spatula? Slide the bread and eggs onto a dinner plate, then place the frying pan over the plate and flip it to drop the bread and eggs into the pan, uncooked side down. The uncooked side of the egg-dipped bread should be face down in the pan and will brown as you cook the sandwich for another 1-2 mins.
5. You will have a circle of cooked egg surrounding the bread. Use the spatula to fold the cooked egg into the middle of the sandwich, covering the bread. Lay a slice of cheese on each slice of bread and top with a slice of bacon.
6. Use the spatula to flip one slice of bread on top on the other to make a sandwich. Lift out of the pan, halve and eat straight away.