- For the Spiced Gingerbread Truffles:
- 20 medjool dates
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 50g ground almonds
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- A thumb of ginger, grated
- 100g dark 70% chocolate
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- For the Peanut Butter Balls:
- 100g pecans or walnuts
- 227g crunchy peanut butter
- 16 medjool dates
Spiced Gingerbread Truffles - Makes: 15-20
Prep: 30 mins + freezing | Cook: 5 mins + chilling.
Peanut Butter Balls - Makes approx. 20
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 5 mins (optional)
1. To make the Spiced Gingerbread Truffles: Halve the dates and discard the stone. Roughly chop, then add to the bowl of your food processor with the remaining ingredients. Pulse till you have a smooth mix (it will look a bit like caramel). Scoop it out into a bowl and pop in the freezer to firm up for 30 mins.
2. Manipulate 1 tsp of the mix using two teaspoons to get a rubgy ball shape. It doesn’t matter if they’re a little rustic. Lay the balls on a flat tray and return to the freezer for 10 mins.
3. Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt with the coconut oil in a small bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Leave to cool slightly.
4. Drop a ball into the melted chocolate and roll it around with a spoon to cover it entirely. Lift out with a spoon allowing any excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a lined baking tray. Repeat with the remaining mix. Pop in the fridge for the chocolate to set – this should take 20 mins.
5. To make the Peanut Butter Balls: Halve the medjool dates and discard the stone. Pop into your food processor bowl with the pecans. Blitz till roughly chopped.
6. Scoop in the peanut butter and pulse till smooth and creamy. Spoon into a bowl and pop in the fridge for 15 mins.
7. Shape the hardened peanut butter mix into balls- one or two bites is the perfect size. You can serve as it is or coat in chocolate.
8. To coat in chocolate, follow the same method in steps 3 and 4.