- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lemon
- A clove or two of garlic
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A few sprigs of rosemary
1. Stand the chicken up and gently pop out the shoulder joints.
2. Get a sharp knife or scissors and cut either side of the back bone all the way along, then remove the bone. This can join the giblets in a delicious stock.
3. Turn over the chicken and press it flat.Thread a skewer diagonally through the leg, breast and wing. Then do the same going the other way (soak the skewers in water to stop them burning on the barbecue).
4. Chop some garlic and rosemary, add sea salt and scatter over the chicken. Squeeze some lemon juice, drizzle some olive oil and gently massage the marinade in to the chicken. Then pop in the fridge for a couple of hours to let the flavours develop.
5. Cook on the BBQ for about 15-20 minutes on each side. To see if it's done, pierce the thickest part of the leg. If the juices run clear, it's ready.