- 1kg topside of beef, boned & rolled
- A handful of rosemary
- 2 tbsp horseradish mustard
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat your oven to 220°C/200°C/Gas 7. Unwrap the beef. Pat dry with kitchen paper. Set aside for 1 hr to come to room temperature.
2. Strip half the rosemary leaves off their sprigs. Finely chop the rosemary leaves.
3. Mix the chopped rosemary with 2 tbsp horseradish mustard and a good pinch of pepper. Rub the mustard mix all over the beef.
4. Sit the beef in a snug roasting tin. Cover the sides of the beef with 2 squares of foil to keep it moist, so just the fat on top is exposed to the heat.
5. Put the beef in the centre of the oven, on the middle shelf. Turn the heat down to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Roast for 45 mins for rare, 1 hr for medium-rare and 1 hr 15 mins for well done.
6. Transfer the beef to a board or warm plate, loosely cover with foil and rest for 30 mins.
7. Serve the beef in slices, garnished with the remaining rosemary sprigs.