- 150g caster sugar
- 150g cold water
- 125g raspberries, plus a few extra for garnish
- 2 good-sized thyme sprigs, plus a few extra for garnish
- 200ml Graveney Gin
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 50ml sparkling water
1. Tip 150g caster sugar into a small pan and pour in 150ml cold water. Cover, bring to the boil (don’t stir) and simmer for 5 mins till the sugar dissolves.
2. Take off the heat and stir in 125g raspberries and 2 good-sized thyme sprigs. Stir to squish up the raspberries.
3. Set the mixture aside to infuse for 1-2 hrs. Strain the syrup through a sieve and store it in a screwtop jar in the fridge.
4. To make the cocktails, pour 100ml of the raspberry and thyme syrup into a jug and add 200ml Graveney Gin and the juice from 2 lemons. Stir to mix.
5. Fill 4 tumblers with ice, pour in the raspberry gin mixture and top up with 50ml sparkling water each. Gently stir and garnish with a couple of fresh raspberries and a thyme sprig to serve.