- 18 pancetta slices
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 6 eggs
- 350g purple sprouting broccoli for dunking
Prep: 10 mins; Cook: 15 mins
1. Heat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
2. Line 6 muffin cups or ramekins with 2-3 slices of pancetta each. (Wrap 1 whole slice of pancetta around the top, then cut a second slice in half and line the base. Use a bit extra to fill in the gaps.)
3. Put the baby leaf spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water to wilt. When cool, squeeze out as much liquid as possible and season with black pepper. Spoon the spinach into the pancetta cups and press down. Break an egg into each cup and season.
4. Cover with a double layer of foil. Bake for 10 mins or till the white is set and yolk cooked to your liking. Lift the egg cups out with a spoon. Serve with purple sprouting broccoli or toast soldiers for dunking.
5. TIP: For crisper pancetta cups, line the muffin cups/ramekins with the pancetta. Place another muffin tin inside the muffin cups and pop in the oven for 5 mins. Then follow the recipe.