- 8 tbsp jumbo porridge oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 medjool dates, pitted and finely choppped
- 2 tbsp sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
- 400ml almond drink
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Dairy-free yogurt, to serve
Prep: 10 mins + soaking | Cook nil
1. Mix the oats, chopped dates, cinnamon and half the seeds together in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Pour the almond drink over, cover and pop in the fridge for 8 hrs or overnight.
2. In the morning, grate the zest from the oranges into a separate bowl. Cut a slice off the top and bottom of the oranges. Carve the peel and white pith from the sides. Squeeze any juice from the peel into the bowl.
3. Use a small knife to cut the juicy orange segments into the bowl. Add the maple syrup to the bowl with the oranges. Stir to make a quick compote.
4. Stir the almond butter and a few spoonfuls of the juices from the orange compote through the oats. Top with the orange segments, drizzling over any remaining juices. Sprinkle the remaining seeds over. Delicious with a dollop of dairy-free yogurt.
5. Quick Fix
If you don't want to wait overnight to eat your oats, you can simply warm the oats and milk together and have it as a porridge, topped with the blood orange compote.