- 250g asparagus
- ½ tbsp Brown Rice Miso
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 3-5 mins
1. Fire up your barbecue.
2. Snap the woody ends from a 250g bunch of asparagus. Whisk ½ tbsp Clearspring Japanese Brown Rice Miso Paste, 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1 cm ginger (peeled and grated). Add 2 tbsp water. Whisk to a smooth paste.
3. Slice 1 spring onion as thinly as possible on a diagonal.
4. Toast 2 tbsp sesame seeds till golden.
5. Place the asparagus on the barbecue (or a hot griddle pan). Cook for 3-5 mins, turning now and then, till charred.
6. Lift the charred spears onto a serving dish. Drizzle over the miso dressing. Scatter over the toasted seeds. Garnish with the spring onions.