- 375g whiting
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Sea salt
- ½ mug plain white flour
- ½ mug desiccated coconut
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower, olive or coconut oil
1. Rinse the whiting. Pat dry. Cut butterflied fillets in two, along the central seam.
2. Grate a touch of lime zest into a shallow dish. Halve. Squeeze all of the lime’s juice.
3. Season the fish with salt. Lay the fillets in the lime juice to marinade for a minute or two, ensure both sides get a kiss of juice.
4. Mix the flour and coconut into a separate dish. Press the fish fillets in the mix, one by one, coating them on both sides.
5. Get a large frying pan really hot. Add enough oil to create a thin film. Sizzle the fish in this until golden, about 2 mins on each side. Do in batches, if needed, as you don’t want to crowd the pan.
6. Finish with a touch of sea salt. Amazing with Ginger Squash Mash and Chilli Soy Greens.