- A knob of butter
- 570g brownies
- 300g white chocolate buttons
- 300ml double cream
- To decorate (optional):
- Snowball Truffles:
- 200g white chocolate buttons
- 200ml double cream
- A splash of brandy (optional)
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Mini chocolate snowmen, penguins or polar bears
- Crushed meringues
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 10 mins + freezing
1. Line the base of a 18cm springform tin with baking paper. Lightly grease the sides with a little butter.
2. Break the brownies into small chunks and place them in the bottom of the tin to cover it in an even layer. Press the brownies down firmly with your hands.
3. Tip the white chocolate buttons into a heatproof bowl. Set it over a pan of simmering water, taking care to not let the base of the bowl touch the water. Place on a low heat and stir the buttons till they've melted. Set aside to cool for 5 mins.
4. In a mixing bowl, whip the double cream into soft peaks. Gently fold through the melted white chocolate until combined. Pour on top of the brownie base. Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to create ripples and swirls for a winter wonderland scene. Cover the tin with beeswax paper. Pop into the freezer for at least 6 hrs. You can make this up to 2 months in advance.
5. To make the snowball truffles, melt the white chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Heat the double cream in a small pan till just begining to bubble. Leave both to cool slightly. Mix together, adding a splash of brandy or other chosen liqueur if you like. Cover the bowl with beeswax paper and pop into the fridge for 2 hrs.
6. Take the bowl with the truffle mix out of the fridge. Scoop out teaspoonfuls of the mixture. Dust your hands with icing sugar and roll into small balls. Dust with more icing sugar. Pop back into the fridge till ready to decorate your cake. These can be made 3-4 days in advance.
7. To decorate the torte, take the torte out of the freezer 30 mins before serving. Scatter over a handful of crushed meringue, then add mini chocolate figures and a few snowball trufles. Serve straight away, with extra snowball truffles on the side.