- 2 big peeled, cored and finely diced apples
- 1 tbsp runny honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 mug rolled oats
- 2 tbsp golden caster or brown sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of cloves
- 250ml double or luxury pouring cream
- 2-3 tsp whisky (optional)
P.s. Make it a healthy breakfast by dropping the whisky and swapping the cream for yogurt. Alternatively, you can swap the honeyed apple for a swirl of raspberry jam or try with marmalade.
1. Pop the apples in a pan with 4 tbsp water on medium heat. Cover. Cook till soft and easily mashed with a fork. Check often. Add more water if dry.
2. Meanwhile, warm a frying pan over medium heat. Add the oats, sugar and spices. Cook for a couple of mins till toasted.
3. Puree or roughly mash the apples with 1 tbsp of honey. Taste. Add more honey, if needed.
4. Whip the cream. Once stiff, slowly whisk in the whisky, more or less, to taste.
5. Layer the toasty oats, apple puree and whisky cream in 4 nice glasses. Loosely fold them together. You can drizzle more honey in too. Serve immediately or chill.