- 2 large apples
- 1 mug of jumbo porridge oats
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tbsp runny honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 250ml double cream
- 2-3 tsp whisky (optional)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Peel, core and dice the apples, then scoop them into a pan. Add 4 tbsp water and set the pan on a medium heat. Pop a lid on the pan and cook, stirring often, till the apples are soft and easily mashed with a fork. Check often as they cook and if the apples dry out before they have softened, add a few more tbsp water.
2. Meanwhile, warm a frying pan over medium heat. Add the oats, sugar and spices. Cook and stir for a couple of mins till toasted. Take off the heat and tip the oats into a bowl to stop them cooking.
3. Add 1 tbsp honey to the cooked apples and mash them together. Whip the cream till stff. If you're using the whisky, add it to the cream and stir well to mix.
4. Add a few spoonfuls of the oats to four nice serving glasses, then top with a little of the apples and the cream. Repeat the layers till you have used up all the ingredients. Drizzle over a little extra honey and serve.