- 170g hazelnut butter
- 190g coconut sugar
- 80g sunflower vegetable spread
- 80g coconut flour
- 80g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp nut milk
- 70g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- A pinch of sea salt flakes
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Pop the hazelnut butter, coconut sugar and vegan spread into a food mixer and beat briefly till combined, or use a wooden spoon or electric beaters and a bowl.
2. Tip in both the coconut and buckwheat flour, and 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda and beat again till just incorporated. Add 2 tbsp nut milk and beat again. Fold in the chopped dark chocolate.
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll the mixture into 12-18 balls, roughly the size of a golf ball. Place on the baking tray, leaving space for the cookies to spread a little as they bake, and flatten slightly with the back of a fork. Sprinkle over a little sea salt.
4. Slide the cookies into the oven for 15 mins, till lightly darkened on the edges. Leave to cool on the tray for 10 mins, as they’ll be very soft, then use a spatula or fish slice to carefully lift them onto a wire rack to cool completely – or eat the cookies while still slightly warm.