- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 400g nectarines
- 1 orange
- A handful of tarragon
- 100g rocket
- 100g soft sheep's cheese
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Tip the pumpkin seeds into a small pan. Place it on a medium heat and toast the seeds for 2-3 mins, shaking the pan, till popping and fragrant. Add 1 tsp fennel seeds and a pinch of salt. Swirl in 1 tbsp honey. Simmer for 2 mins. Spoon the honeyed seeds onto a baking tray to cool.
2. Slice the nectarines into wedges, discarding the stones. Warm a griddle or frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, place the nectarine wedges in the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side till slightly blackened. Put on a plate and repeat with the remaining slices.
3. Zest the orange into a mixing bowl and squeeze in the juice from half. Whisk in 1 tbsp olive oil with a pinch of salt. Taste and add a swirl of honey, if you think it needs it.
4. Finely slice the tarragon stalks and tear the leaves. Add the tarragon and rocket to the orange dressing and toss to lightly coat. Divide between two plates.
5. If the pumpkin seed brittle has set, break it up into shards. Top the rocket with the nectarines, pumpkin seed brittle and the sheep's cheese. Serve straight away.