- 1 large or 2 medium celeriac
- 1kg parsnips
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- A bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Half fill a large pan with cold water. Add a pinch of salt. Add a good glug of olive oil to a roasting tin. Pop the tin in the oven to heat through.
2. Wash and peel the celeriac. Chop it into chunks about 21/2 cm across. Pop them in the pan of cold water.
3. Wash, trim and peel the parsnips. Slice them into long lengths about 21/2 cm wide. Add them to the celeriac. Pop on a lid. Bring to the boil. Boil for 2 mins, then drain them.
4. Tip the celeriac and parsnips into the roasting tin. Shake in the sachet of cumin seeds and season with salt and pepper. Shake the pan a few times to coat the veg in the seeds. Roast for 40-45 mins till golden and crisp.
5. Finely chop the leaves from the sprigs of flat leaf parsley. Finely grate or pare the zest from the limes. Juice them.
6. When the veg are roasted, lift the out of the tin and pop in a serving bowl. Pour over the lime juice and scatter some chopped parsley, lime zest and a few chilli flakes over the top.