- ½ mug basmati rice
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 mug coconut milk
- A good pinch or two of fresh chilli, finely chopped (to taste)
- 2 handfuls of fresh seasonal greens, finely chopped
- Toasted coconut, to serve (optional)
1. Get a lidded frying pan hot. Turn the heat down. Toast your rice for a few seconds. Shake the pan a couple of times. Add a pinch of salt.
2. Pour in the coconut milk and 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir through. Cover. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat.
3. Let the rice steam a further 5 mins.
4. Remove lid. Turn heat back on. Fold chilli and greens through. Cook just long enough to soften the greens. Serve up just when they’ve gone bright and glossy green.
5. Garnish with toasted coconut, if you like.